September 19


This Meeting was recorded for Accuracy

Present: Melissa Miller, Pat Betts, Ron Betts, Ben West, Beth Thompson, Pam StClair, Joe StClair

Absent- Aaron Bouch

Public Attendance, none

Meeting called to order by Beth at 7 PM.

Minutes from August Brickfest meeting reviewed. Motion to approve made by Melissa, Beth 2nd with correction to spelling of Beth Kappel name. All in favor, motion carried.

Treasurer report reviewed. Motion made by Beth, Ben 2nd to approve. All in favor motion carried. Final Brickfest results were also submitted, reviewed and approved together with regular monthly Treasurer report.

Results from corn hole contest in July. Beth said all the winning funds were given out as prizes. Beth said never again will someone else run the corn hole.

Beth said Aaron is getting the rest of the plaques made from the Brick toss.

Pat also stated that S & T Bank finally gave us their basket donation the we were supposed to get for the BrickFest. We will hold and give away at a later date.

Next meeting to be held Oct 18, 7 PM

Storage Bin for park. Ron would like to have built beside the current concession stand a storage area for the tents, tables and extra items. Ron will check with Lowes on lumber prices for next month, and also see what can be done for donation from them.

Park rental for Oct 13. Lyndy Lichtenfels. We have a request for usage of park from 2-4 pm and also the usage of the bouncy house. Discussion was made on the rental cost and was decided to rent for $25.00. Also need to do a indemnity clause when renting bouncy house.

Beth spoke to Bernie - Misty Haven on the hayrides. Beth texted while at the meeting to find out when he can come. Also book for December. Decision on hayrides was Oct 21 from 4-6 PM following the Pumpkin carving at the park at 2 PM. Kids 12 and under free - 13 and over $5.00 per person.

Oct 20 - food and movie night 7 to 9 pm at park. If coming in costume get a free bag of popcorn. Start set up at 6 PM. Rain location is the Borough building for movie.

Other dates for hayrides - Oct 6th and 27th from 6 - 8 PM starting at Boro Building. Weather permitting. Oct 13th no hayrides. Need to check with John whether he will let us use his truck on the 6th and 27th.

Melissa to check with Brian Fox for Halloween movies and have it sent.
Possible "Halloween Town."

December 22 sleigh rides booked from 4 -6 PM. Santa arrives on Dec 15th 5 - 7 PM.

It was also requested by the community to have police patrolling and be present for parks events. Pat to send letter to New Florence Mayor asking for police presence on events for remainder of year. Need to check with K & K for hot chocolate again. Decision was made when we do October meeting start to set up events for next year.

Melissa also suggested she would like to see ice sculpturing at upper park. Not sure if we could do or not, but she to check.

Melissa suggested end of the year send out a letter of yearly sponsorship. This will get their business on all flyers and we won't have to bother throughout the year. Also possible shirts to do for advertising.

Motion to adjourn made by Melissa, 2nd by Ron, all in favor - motion carried.
Meeting adjourned 7:45


Patricia Betts