Ordinance # 074-2
for the Borough
An Ordinance in compliance with the requirements of 53 PA . Section 301 (Relating to the Incorporation of a Municipal authority) creating a Municipal Sewage Authority for the borough of Bolivar.
Whereas, it is deemed to be in the best interest of the Borough of Bolivar, that a Municipal authority be formed for the purposes of acquiring holding, constructing, improving maintaining, operating, owning, leasing in the capacity of lesser or lessee projects and facilities relating to sewers, sewer systems, or parts thereof, and sewage treatment works, including works for treating and disposing of industrial waste and exercising all powers necessary or convenient for the carrying out of the above purposes including but not limited to those powers conferred by the Municipality Authorities Act.
Now therefore, it is ordained as follows:
1. That the President and Secretary shall execute Articles of Incorporation forming an authority to be known as the Bolivar Borough Municipal Sewage Authority.
2. Said Authority is formed under the provisions of the Act known as the Municipality Authorities Act of 1945, Act of May 2, 1945 P.L. 382 Section 1 as amended.
3. No other authority has been organized under the above act or any prior act or is in existence in or for the incorporating municipality.
4. The name of the incorporating municipality is Bolivar Borough , Westmoreland County Pennsylvania.
4. The names, addresses and terms of office of the first members of board of said Authority are:
a. Joseph Burkett
One year to December 31, 1974
b. Kenneth Keiper
Two years to December 31 1975
c. James Bechtold
Three years to December 1976
d. Patsy DiRinaldo
Four years to December 1976
e. Edward Spiedel
Five years to December 31 1978
6. The purpose or purposes for which such Authority is Incorporated is for the purpose of requiring, holding, constructing, improving, maintaining, operating, owning, leasing (in the capacity of lesser or lessee ) projects and facilities relating to sewers, sewer systems or parts, thereof and sewage treatment works including works for treating and disposing of industrial waste and to exercise all powers necessary or convenient for the carrying out of the afore - said purposes including but not limited to those powers conferred by the Municipality Authorities Act.
7. The term of which the corporation is to exist is fifty (50) years.
Ordained this 7th day of January 1974, the vote of Council thereon being in favor thereof 4, opposed thereto 0.
J. Conrad Gamble
Joan M. Lichtenfels
Approved this 7th day of January A.D. 1974
Edgar R. Dell
Original Ordinance in ordinance book page 181